Welcome to SoHuman

Herein you will find my own personal journal, of sorts, with topics ranging from my children and parenting techniques, my personal story, faith, home life, friends and family stories, and so on. I welcome your comments, questions, suggestions and connections.

Monday, August 10, 2009

July - August Update... The Sun is Shining!

Just a quick update to let you know what I've been up to over the past month.

I emptied out the office completely, closet and all, and began sorting and filing. I have begun the process of returning items to their rightful place in the office, and am left with a smallish pile in the corner of the living room. Wahoo! But, I am not about to go through it this week, because...

Now that the Abbott Family Reunion is out of the way (it was a success), and the BHS 20th Class Reunion is done (another success), I am visiting with my friend Erika until Tuesday. On Tuesday I have a meeting with other 4-H leaders. On Wednesday we celebrate Molly's 7th birthday with a friends party in the afternoon, and a family party in the evening. On Thursday, Lilly, Kate, Mum and I head off for Ecuador for Emily's wedding.

I am all of a sudden quite occupied with activity (sounds better than just saying how busy I am), making progress in the organization department, nonetheless, and am not in the least discouraged. I have been spending much less time on the computer, and more time with my kids. I got an obscene sunburn floating around on the pool, fast asleep (sweet respite, albeit high price). I plan to harvest my first tomato today. Sometime soon I will be packing one suitcase for the girls and me, and four suitcases (of clothing, necessities and treats) for the "street kids" in Ecuador.

It has been a good summer, despite the rain, and I am not that mother who can't wait for school to start (although I think at least two of the kids will be happy to be back into that routine).

No comments:

Post a Comment